Family Law Blog
On behalf of Law Offices of Barry I. Finkel, P.A. posted in Divorce on Tuesday, August 21, 2012.
Whether divorced, separated or alone with their children through tragic circumstances, single dads with kids face a brave new world. Like many single fathers, they still desire companionship. Yet, for many, kids come first. Balancing the needs of the family unit with the expectations of potential companions is, indeed, a balancing act.
As the Miami Herald wrote this week, "As fathers grow more engaged in child rearing, and courts more willing to grant them custody, [single dads and dating is] a growing issue.
They number about 2.8 million - up 27 percent from 10 years ago and nearly double the number in 1990, notes the Miami Herald, citing Matthew Weinshenker, assistant sociology professor at Fordham University.
"Single fathers have a tendency, more than single moms, to 'feel incomplete' without a partner in the house, so they risk rushing into a new relationship that may not be right, said single dad Armin Brott, author of several books including The Single Father: A Dad's Guide to Parenting Without a Partner (Abbeville)," the paper reported.
- The Benefits of Hiring a Reliable Family Lawyer Sunday September 19 2021
- Why You May Need a Family Law Attorney for Your Divorce Sunday September 19 2021
- Don’t Move Forward Without Divorce Lawyers Sunday September 19 2021
- Why You Need Child Custody Lawyers Sunday September 19 2021
- Ex-baseball star wants reduction in child, spousal support Sunday September 19 2021